Monday, August 31, 2009

Changing from 2 column to 3 column templates

There are several sites which offers free blogger templates, other than those offered by default in Blogger.com. I want a template with 3 column.

Previously I visited Blogcrowds, but somehow today I wasnt't successful in downloading any of the templates there. I scoured another site BloggerBuster and found the template I want.


I downloaded the 3 column template for Rounders 3 from the BloggerBuster website, and then uploaded it to my blog. The result is what you see now.



Take note that in the process of uploading a new template, any widgets (special application) you've added will be deleted. You will have to add the codes again.

Sob, I have to add the HTML codes for the 'read more' hack again.
Note : may not have to add the read more codes in future because Blogger might be coming out with this feature soon!.

Lesson learnt : Try to decide on the template as early as you can, then only make other changes to the blog. That's the reason I created this blog, to document the steps and the widgets I added, so that I can replicate this process later on.


Here is a screenshot of my original 2 column blog.



If you need assistance on uploading a new template , read my earlier post on how to backup and upload a new template

0 comments: